26 October, 2008

This Is....something I'm surprised I like


Knitting! My nanna was a wonderful knitter. She was pro and made these fabbo jumpers (which I never appreciated) She taught me how to knit when I was about 10 but it was never something I kept up with. I thought it was daggy
About 5 years ago I saw a knitted shrug at a craft fair and I thought 'I want to make that' and it all started from there. Unfortunately my nanna passed on before that so I was never able to get some tips from her..I really do wish I had taken it up again when she was alive
I love that you can start with a plain ball of wool and then make something you can wear. I guess that's the beauty of crafting
Thanks to Earl and Cookie for this weeks theme and to Three Buttons for hosting

2 comments:

Hoppo Bumpo said...

It would be lovely to be able to knit. Its nice that you have been able to come back to something that your Nanna taught you. I sort of did the same with sewing - and like you wish, I had got some tips while my nan was alive (still I think my nan would have been pleased to think I eventually got back to the sewing).

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Knitting is something I'd love to learn. One day... one day....