14 September, 2008

This Is....what I do with a spare 10 minutes

I'm usually on the computer. Either blogging or checking up on my favorite forum. When I was pregnant with Jack I joined an online parenting forum. I lurked around for a while researching all I could about childbirth and all that fun stuff.

I finally joined a "due in February group" It has turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done. I speak to these girls everyday. We share everything. If were ever having a crisis with Jack or anything they are the first ones I ask for advice. I've met most of our group. Even though we're spread across Melbourne we try to meet up once a fortnight. Some of the girls are interstate but I'm hopeful to meet them all one day.

Thanks to Hoppo Bumpo for this weeks theme and to Handmaiden for guest hosting

6 comments:

handmaiden said...

I have read that some people think that bloggers are loners and quite isolated but you prove once again how rewarding and generous the blogging world is and how it can lead to some gret offline relationships. That's a heartwarming story
Sharon

CurlyPops said...

A bit of online fun is a great way to spend 10 minutes...and like Sharon said, I've met heaps of new people since I started blogging, it's been great!

cindy said...

That is a really good idea, I haven't heard of that before. It would be a great way to keep in tough as a new mum since sometimes all you have is a few minutes.

Hoppo Bumpo said...

The forum sounds great. Like an online mothers group!

Lauren said...

Thanks ladies! I feel very lucky to have met so many wonderful people thru the internet :-)

iRiS said...

whoo hoo I recieved my brooch today from Sam,Lauren its devine beautiful beautiful!!!
cant wait to wear it!